For the unknown pilgrims

The statistics for this blog tell me how many visitors it gets each day, which countries they live in and which posts they click on. They also tell me whether they come via a website, Facebook or another forum, or if they came via a search engine. Sometimes the search terms show they've come looking for a particular poem or song; at other times they can be quite strange or intriguing, and I wonder whether the unknown visitor found what they were looking for when they landed on this blog, or departed disappointed.

Sometimes there is a surge of interest in a particular post, maybe because it's topical, includes a particular quote or for some other quirky reason. I'm sure that - ironically - the success of a particular post called The Success of Failure owes a lot to its intriguing title! And for the past couple of weeks the stats have been showing an inexplicable surge of interest in a post called A Pilgrim Heart. I call it inexplicable because there are no corresponding pilgrim-related search terms, no evidence via a link from a pilgrim-related website, or even one devoted to Enya, whose song Pilgrim I quote in the post. And yet, every day, that post is clicked on several times; and somehow, over the past month, this has added up to almost three hundred visits, without a single trail of evidence!

So, unknown pilgrims, I don't know who or where or why you are; I only know that you are... I don't know whether you are beginning your journey or near its end; I only know that, like the rest of us, you are on a journey. I don't know whether you will ever read this post, let alone what you made of A Pilgrim Heart. But I offer you, and anyone else reading this, these words from Caroline Joy Adams. May they speak to you as you go your pilgrim way...

Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement and transformation... It is continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, teaching you to see clearly and deeply, helping you to listen to your intuition... You are on the path, exactly where you are meant to be right now... And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale…

Comments