Gratitude x 3

Facebook's daily memories have reminded me that several years ago I took part in a burst of positivity, sharing three things for which I was grateful at the end of each day. I've no idea why (were there any rules?), but my choices were somewhat eclectic, as these two examples show...

1. Seeing [name of friend] - great!

2. The chance to have some extra time in prayer

3. Leftover risotto from yesterday followed by some rather delicious Ben & Jerry's ice cream which was half price in Sainsbury's

....

1. The sun is still shining

2. GBBO is back (need I say more?)

3. Some lovely reflections around the feast of the Transfiguration

Eclectic, yes; but daily life is so often a combination of prayer and profundity, mixed with encounters, the weather, and a dozen or more 'little things' which - alone or together - can make a huge difference. And even on days when things have gone badly, there are always blessings and reasons for gratitude, however slight, hidden or mundane - and recalling them can fill and expand our hearts.

So, encouraged by this memory, I thought I'd end today by sharing some things for which I am grateful...

1. A photo sent to me of the sun rising this morning in Norfolk. I had woken up to sombreness and heavy rain, so there was something joyously uplifting about this unexpected sunrise appearing in my inbox. 

2. It didn't rain all day, so I was able to enjoy a couple of short walks in between downpours. And whenever the sun burst through the clouds, wet leaves glistened and gleamed. It's an everyday transformation - from bedraggled to bejewelled; it happened yesterday, too, rather appropriately for the Transfiguration.

3. Speaking to a good friend on the phone; not the same as seeing her, but hopefully, it won't be long before we can meet up too.

There's more, of course, but I'll stop at three, as I did in 2014. Oh, and... although I didn't blog yesterday, I did read some lovely reflections around the Transfiguration, just like then!

So, that's how I'm ending today. What about you...? For what are you grateful today?


Comments