Treasure and true images

I've been packing and preparing to go away on retreat. And today's scripture readings* are good ones to take with me, into this week of prolonged prayer and reflection, of stillness and deeper, more intense focus. 

Ask what you would like me to give you, God says to Solomon in our first reading; and he replies with an early indication of the wisdom and discerning heart he desires. Certainly, it requires wisdom to be able to know, really know, what is of most value for us. And it requires a discerning heart to find and identify the otherwise hidden treasure we might not have even known was at the core of our seeking... 

And in our second reading, a reminder that we are all called to become true images of Christ; true reflections of Love, for our world, and for all those we encounter. 

So, this week, may I not be afraid to ask God for what I most deeply desire, and seek and find anew the only treasure worth finding, which is God, and an abundance of God's life and Love within me. The treasure which costs not less than everything, but is worth so much more. 

And amid all this, and regardless of the current soggy weather, may I, like this sunflower, look towards God and be radiant! - and in this, become that reflection of Christ I was created to be.

Let us pray for each other during this week, and pray, too, for everyone taking part in World Youth Day in Lisbon. May this week be a time for growth and grace, and for joyfully finding treasure, maybe in the most unexpected places...


* I Kings 3: 5, 7-12; Psalm 118; Romans 8: 28-30; Matt 13: 44-52


Comments

  1. So beautiful
    I will pray for you and all of us to seek and feel God’s love and plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a retreat full of blessings xx Anne Booth x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment