The One we have met upon the way

Tell us, Mary: say what thou didst see upon the way.
The tomb the Living did enclose;
I saw Christ's glory as he rose!

Christ, my hope, has risen...

And isn't this the call we have all received, this and every Easter? To proclaim with all our lives, our joy and our loving what - Who - we have seen upon the way... The joy and the hope, the radiance and the glory of Christ's Resurrection, and everlasting presence among us. And to live and proclaim this not just today, but every day, as our lives are infused with his permanence... with Love...

This is my 1,000th blog post! I didn't set out for the milestone to coincide with this day filled with Alleluias ~ but how lovely that it has! Over the past thirteen years I have blogged about many things, and in many situations and moods. I've written at times when the darkened world's violence and pain have seemed overwhelming, and as a response to heartbreak, injustice and division. I've also blogged with playfulness and joy, shared quirky observations, and reflections on nature's beauty... and a host of other subjects. In short, I've written about whatever and whoever I have met upon the way, which has spoken to me in some way of God, and the extraordinary breaking through into the ordinary.

But, whether in anguish or in humour, I hope that everything I've written has somehow been permeated with an underlying joy and with hope, with light in darkness, healing, redemption, and the infinity and unconditionality and victory of Love. Even - especially - in times of darkness and seeming hopelessness, I hope I have somehow managed to write about the Resurrection 1,000 times, and that an alleluia, however fragile or quiet, can be detected in each post.

And as I look ahead, I also hope that within all my blogs and writing there will always be a proclamation of the One I have encountered, and continue to meet, daily, in a multitude of people and places and events. And underlying all my words may there always be a joyous, heartfelt, confident alleluia, because Christ, my love, my hope and my Heart is truly risen... 

And isn't this the call we have all received, this and every Easter...? 


* The image is of a replica of the Resurrection, by Sr Concordia Scott OSB, of Minster Abbey, hanging in the chapel of our Duchesne House community 


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th post, and thank you for every time you've written something encouraging or hopeful, even in dark times. Here's to the next 1k!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment